Saturday, August 30, 2008

Just thinking about...CHANGE!

It seems that life is always full of changes, but sometimes we come to those seasons of life where many big changes come all at once and we just have to hang on for the ride! This year seems to be one of those years for me. I never dreamed that God would call me to begin pastoring a small church in Fort Collins. In addition to new personal responsibilities, a new home, a new community and a new school for my son, my daughter left yesterday for her first year of college—in Indiana! Although all these things are good things and very much directed by God, they are all big changes nonetheless. I am so glad that in the middle of chaotic-feeling seasons we can hold the hand of our God who never changes! God’s word assures us that “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” This also means that the promises we find in His Word are just as true today as the day they were spoken or written. They never change or expire!

I am aware that many of you have gone through or are going through big changes in your life that may not be as positive or as pleasant as my big changes. Give yourself permission to grieve and keep your hand tightly in the hand of our very big God who never changes by hanging on to one or more of His promises!

Now it’s your turn. What is a promise you are hanging on to today in the middle of your ever-changing life? Encourage your sisters in the Lord today by sharing your promise. Be assured of my care and concern for you. You are loved!

Dawn

Note: Some of you may be confused about my new responsibilities and how they fit with my position at Greeley Wesleyan. At GWC I am employed part-time as Director of Women’s Ministries. My remaining time is spent as solo pastor of Foothills Wesleyan Church, a small congregation going through a re-focus process to help us reach the people in northwest Fort Collins with the good news that God loves them! I appreciate your prayers as I endeavor to balance these two areas of ministry.

No comments: